If you are a first-time parent, there are sessions you will have to attend before your child is baptized. Baptisms usually take place in the church on a Sunday at 12:30 once a month.
Click here on Sacrament of Baptism Registration form and download the form to fill it out. Then email it to Fr. Henry. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get back to you. Or you can go to our office at 65 Green St. in Yarmouth to pick up a form and then return it there when it is completed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GODPARENTS FOR YOUR CHILD
Canon Law of the Church says:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a baptized Catholic who has completed the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
- May not be the parent of the child being baptized.
- If married, must be married in the Catholic Church, regularly attending mass on Sunday, and living their Faith.
- The two godparents do not have to be married to one another.
- A baptized non-catholic may not be a godparent but may serve as a witness along with a Catholic godparent.
- Non-baptized persons may not serve as witnesses or godparents
- You only need one godparent. It doesn’t matter male or female. If you choose two godparents, then one needs to be a male and the other female.