If you are a first-time parent, there are sessions you will have to attend before your child is baptized. Baptisms usually take place in the church on a Sunday at 12:30 once a month.
Click here on Sacrament of Baptism Registration form and downloaded the form to your computer so you can fill it out. Then email it to Fr. Henry. His email address is email@example.com and he will get back to you. Or you can go to our office at 65 Green St. in Yarmouth to pick up a form and then return it there when it is completed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GODPARENTS FOR YOUR CHILD
Canon Law of the Church says:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be a baptized Catholic who has completed the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
- May not be the parent of the child being baptized.
- If married, must be married in the Catholic Church, regularly attending mass on Sunday, and living their Faith.
- The two godparents do not have to be married to one another.
- A baptized non-catholic may not be a godparent but may serve as a witness along with a Catholic godparent.
- Non-baptized persons may not serve as witnesses or godparents
- You only need one godparent. It doesn’t matter male or female. If you choose two godparents, then one needs to be a male and the other female.